May 29 - 30, 2010

.

Friday, May 21, 2010

This Is Why You Never Trust Ze Germans

So one of the first things I said on this blog was that I was going to be listing reasons every day for why you should attend the Bushwick Rooftop fest. You may have noticed there's a big blank spot on Thursday, so here's a funny story for why that happened. See, it was my friend's birthday Wednesday night and he insisted on going to Der Shwarze Kolner. Despite working late that night, I decided to stop by for A beer. That was before I learned that the beers there were served in one liter glasses the size of your head. The next thing I knew I was drinking beer out of a giant glass boot and stopping in at a diner to eat what our waiter called "disco home fries," as he insisted the cook didn't know what disco fries were. Then it was 4:30 in the goddamn morning and I was swerving my bike down Lafayette Avenue so I could get home and go to work at 1 in the afternoon. So yeah, the dog ate my homework. The upside for you guys is that you get two reasons to attend today!

NUMBER 9: IT IS WHAT IT SAYS IT IS



A wise man once said:
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell just as sweet."

An even wiser man once said:
"Oh can't you see, you misjudge me
Look like a farmer, but I'm a lover
You can't judge a book by looking at the cover."

Noble sentiments both, but in this instance I'm advising you to ignore them. When you see the name Bushwick Rooftop Festival, you can rest assured that what you will be attending is the Bushwick Rooftop Festival. Sometimes music festivals are tricky in that sense, like how Woodstock was actually in Bethel or how Altamont should have been called "Get the Shit Kicked Out of You By Hell's Angels Fest" or how Woodstock '99 was really "Get Raped By A Guy Screaming Along To Sevendust '99." No, there's none of that here. Just a simple name, confidently assuring you it's the best possible way for you to spend your Memorial Day Weekend. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bushwick Rooftop Festival dates announced!

Memorial Day Weekend
May 29th - May 30th

Lineup coming soon...